#GetCovered Shreveport will be happening at Mall St. Vincent (in front of Sears) on Saturday (8 March 2014) from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Shreveport Mayor Cedric Glover is leading a massive mission to get Shreveport residents enrolled under the Affordable Care Act.
The “Get Covered Shreveport” campaign is being spearheaded by local barbers, beauticians, health care professionals, community and faith-based organizations committed to helping people prepare to register on Saturday.
Volunteers will be available at this event to help individuals enroll on the spot.
The #GetCovered Shreveport Day of action seeks to:
- Inform people about new coverage options and the financial assistance available
- Provide information to help people make the best health care decision for themselves and their families
- Offer trained counselors to discuss appropriate options, either in person or via telephone
In order to enroll, applicants will need the following:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Employer and income information for every member of your household who needs coverage (for example, pay stubs or W-2 forms)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans covering household members.
- A completed Employer Coverage Tool for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible.
For more information — call 1-800-318-2596 or visit www.healthcare.gov.